Lonsdale Wheelers CC
A British Cycling Affiliated Club based in Burton-In-Lonsdale, North Yorkshire near Ingleton, for regular club road cycling.
We meet throughout the year for regular Sunday club rides and midweek rides. The focus is on social, supportive group cycling and exploring the wonderful surrounding Yorkshire Dales-North Lancashire-South Lakes countryside.
All ages and fitness levels welcome.
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/ for more information about British Cycling
Lonsdale Wheelers Cycling Club was founded in July 2014 in Burton-In-Lonsdale in North Yorkshire.
The club typically meets for Sunday club rides twice a month at the Burton-in-Lonsdale Recreation Ground sports pavilion off Bentham Moor Lane, at the bottom of Burton Hill (LA6 3LJ). Meeting times and start point are occasionally changed to optimise the weather and member participation; and sometimes to explore new areas. All rides are coordinated and communicated by WhatsApp groups.
- Two regular club meetings a month subject to weather.
- The Longer Ride Group usually meet on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month and typically ride 50 to 110 km (30 to 70 miles).
- The Recreational Ride Group usually meet on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month and typically ride 16 to 40 km (10 to 25 miles) at a more relaxed pace.
- Rides are planned on bike-friendly routes and on quiet roads where ever possible.
- Most rides include a cafe stop.
- All-inclusive rides for all fitness levels and those with less experience. E-bikes are very welcome.
- Occasional 'car-assisted' rides are organised to explore new areas/roads (travel to and from start point by car).
- Regular informal mid-week rides for those interested.
- All Sunday club and ad-hoc midweek rides are usually organised and communicated by club WhatsApp groups.
- Club member participation in local cycle sportives.
- Club kit available for purchase.
- Two club AGM/OGM meetings per year to discuss and agree activities.
It is not just about the exercise - we like a tearoom or social too!
Membership fees are just £5 per year adult membership (to cover the cost of British Cycling Club Affiliation, first aid training and sundry expenditures).
If you are possibly interested in joining us - come along to try one of the rides to see if you are comfortable with the route and pace. Contact club secretary Tim for information on upcoming rides (email hotlink at bottom of the menu panel - or use the contact form on the Contacts page).
Contact Club Secretary: email@example.com. Also find us on Facebook & Twitter.
Interested to see the Longer Ride Group out on the road? Have a look at our video.